TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Stoops not opposed to a Big Ten-SEC football challenge

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stoops not opposed to a Big Ten-SEC football challenge
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-19-2015 10:07 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

When asked on the SEC coaches teleconference if a Big Ten/SEC football challenge would intrigue him, Kentucky coach Mark Stoops said.

Then he explained what would probably keep it from ever happening.

"Tt takes a lot of planning and a lot of people you’re trying to get on the same page, I’ll tell you that much. I’ve just been in the league three years and I can tell you, you’re getting a lot of minds, a lot of people in the same room, trying to get on the same page," Stoops said.

" I don’t know if you could pull it off because there could be a lot of different opinions. Just if you’re asking me, I’d be open to playing some Big Ten teams.”

He says playing FCS programs is best for some SEC teams and maybe not others.

“I think every school has to look at themselves differently. I think you know that Kentucky is built different than an Alabama. Does that make sense?"Stoops said.

"So what’s right for some other schools may not be right for you. I know it’s important for us and I think you listen to every coach, I’m not going to sit here and cry the blues, that’s for sure, but you listen to every coach and I think it’s a common theme you talk about the grueling schedule in the SEC. And I don’t think we need to apologize to anybody for strength of schedule.”

Link

 

 

 

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 11-19-2015 11:26 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't know who wrote that piece, but the first sentence makes absolutely no sense. In fact, it's not even a complete sentence. I guess I'm going to have to stop being a grammar policeman!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com