TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Timmons has bounced back from demotion

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Timmons has bounced back from demotion
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-18-2015 07:32 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Junior Ryan Timmons lost his job returning punts for Kentucky last week when he was replaced by walk-on Charles Walker.

Kentucky coach Mark Stoops said he handled it fine, though.

"I like the way he handled it, because he came up to my office and sat down and wanted it back, or wanted to know why. And I gave him my answer, and he was good with it, and any competitor would want to get back out there. And I like that," Stoops said.

"And I told him that, after he’d muffed the one – which, again, nobody wants to see that, but any punt returner is going to have those; it’s going to happen – we’re not trying to crucify him. I thought he did a pretty good job most of the year with catching them. It’s the decision-making after that with catching the difficult ones, running up and catching balls that are short, all those things. And I thought we made progress in that area, making sure we fielded all punts.

“Because that field position kills you a bunch, all that hidden yardage. You let a punt drop and you don’t catch it and it rolls for 15 yards and it pins us inside the 10, those things have hurt us from time to time.

"So again, it’s just one of those situations where I have confidence in Ryan. He came back on the offensive side and played and made a good catch and got in the end zone. He missed one – it was a tough catch that would’ve given us a touchdown early – but he’s battling. And you know what? Also, to credit him a little bit, it was one of his better games he’s ever played at wide receiver.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-22-2015 09:18 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Landon Foster did the punting an punted 3 times for a average of 38 yards. That is not a great number but for the terrible weather conditions it wasn't bad.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
WildcatFanatic
Player
Member # 2932

posted 11-22-2015 10:03 AM      Profile for WildcatFanatic     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
“Because that field position kills you a bunch, all that hidden yardage. You let a punt drop and you don’t catch it and it rolls for 15 yards and it pins us inside the 10, those things have hurt us from time to time."

On the other hand it's better to let 'em drop every now and then rather than take a chance on touching or fumbling the ball and letting the other team recover it in the red zone. Coaches do have some hard decisions on who to play though.

[ 11-22-2015, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: WildcatFanatic ]

Posts: 1531 | From: Lexington, Ky | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com