TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » EKU coach gives UK credit

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EKU coach gives UK credit
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-04-2015 09:25 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
On playing to win but losing …

“I’m proud of guys on how they played. They accepted every challenge; we just didn’t make enough plays and didn’t do enough things right, coaching and playing down the stretch. I have to give it to Kentucky – they had a great fourth quarter and a great plan. On the last two drives, I made a mistake; I should have called a time out on the drive before the last one. Our kids were tired and Kentucky was playing fast. But our guys gave everything they had and I am proud of them.”

On Kentucky’s change of tempo …

“They did a nice job offensively. We tempoed them at times and were successful. They executed well on the last two drives down the stretch.”

On holding Kentucky to 55 rushing yards …

“That is what we had to do. There is no way you have a chance to beat somebody the caliber of Kentucky if you’re not stopping the run. So we committed to stopping the run and our guys held up, stayed away from the big play, especially the big pass play when Towles got inside the pocket on an edge pressure and beat us deep on that throw on the scramble. We were staying away from the big play. That’s what really gave us a chance. It all came down to one or two plays here. The fourth-down play, I would call it again. We had our best corner against Dorian Baker, which you can’t do any better than that with pressure. Baker made an exceptional play and Towels made a great throw.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-04-2015 12:46 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We played great in the 4th quarter and like the Eastern coach said we had a great game plan and it paid off in the 4th quarter. Kudo's to the players and coachs. Got to give Eastern credit by holding the Cats to a total of only 55 yards on the ground luckily they didn't have answer to stop Towles and his passing for 329 yards!

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 10-04-2015 06:49 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maybe this will be a wake up call to the coaches, to play up tempo the entire game instead of waiting until 4th quarter.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9785 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-07-2015 07:32 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If Boom is out or not at full strength we have to rely on Towles ability to keep us in the game with his passing ability for the "complete" game.

--------------------

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 10-08-2015 10:22 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For some reason Towles hasn't gotten over the hump yet. Maybe with this bye week he and his receivers can get fine tune the passing game. Yes, I am expecting too much. There will never be another Tim Couch. I don't expect there to be. I am looking for a 2nd year Woodson. Mike Hartline, his senior season was a hell of a QB. I know that Towles is a redshirt soph, but he is in his 2nd season. Would like to see him make the right reads, throw to the open man, pick up damn blitzes, and quit taking sacks for huge losses.

He held onto the ball way too long against Eastern. Totally unacceptable. If he going to act like a squirrel storing nuts for the winter, he better start running down the field more for positive yards.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com