TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Stoops knows the Cats were fortunate

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stoops knows the Cats were fortunate
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-04-2015 09:08 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Eastern came to play no doubt about it.

Fortunate is the word Kentucky coach Mark Stoops kept using after his team managed to rally to beat Eastern Kentucky 34-27 in overtime here Saturday night.

Kentucky was on the verge of one of the most disappointing losses in program history when it fell behind 27-13 with 7:39 to play in the fourth quarter. Kentucky certainly has had its share of bad losses, but coming off a win over a ranked Missouri team and looking ahead to the first Thursday night game ever at Commonwealth Stadium against Auburn a loss in this game would have been hard to ever justify.

So what if UK had lost six straight games to in-state teams (four to Louisville, two to Western). This time Kentucky was supposed to be on the rise with a 3-1 mark and Eastern Kentucky had already lost 35-0 to North Carolina State, a team Louisville beat earlier Saturday.

But the Colonels were the better team for the first 52 minutes. They were more physical, more emotional and more consistent.

Stoops knew it, too.

“I feel very fortunate to have won,” said Stoops. “Fortunate is the word that jumps out right now. Give them credit. I feel like they coached better than we did. They played with more energy and executed better than we did.

“I am proud of our team for determination and somehow finding the way to get the victory. Overall not very pleased with how we played. At the end of the year, nobody will know what it looks like. Very fortunate to get the win tonight.”

Link

[ 10-04-2015, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-04-2015 09:24 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think, all the way down to the coaches, this team was over looking EKU!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123958 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-04-2015 09:32 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They were a lot better than probably 99% of all of us Kentucky fans thought.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com