TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Stoops wants to get more players into games

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stoops wants to get more players into games
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-03-2015 11:10 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Two years ago receiver Alex Montgomery had a fabulous freshman season for Kentucky before he was injured celebrating a touchdown catch and missed all of last season with a knee injury.

He’s played only sparingly this season going into Saturday’s game with Eastern Kentucky and coach Mark Stoops says he would like to play Montgomery more in this game.

“As I said, no matter who we’re playing or what the score of the game is I always talk about trying to get guys in the game. I say it after every game: I want to constantly push to get guys in when the game is on the line. We expect a very tight game, but I would like to continue to build depth within our team,” said Stoops.

Stoops said he’s not noticed a change in the way backup players have approached this week going into a game where they might get a chance to play more.

“Not really any more increased energy. I’ve been pleased with a lot of those guys. I’ve said it before, one of the reasons why we like them so much is they’re very focused and they’re into practice and working to get better every day. And with that, you start gaining some trust from your coaches and you want to get them on the field,” Stoops said Thursday.

Link

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com