TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » There are more streaks to snap

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: There are more streaks to snap
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-14-2015 03:41 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We have to break that string of 28 straight losses to Florida. That is sick to think a team cold beat you that many times in a row. We need a full house that really likes to yell and scream for the whole game.

So you might think that here we are just two weeks into this 2015 Kentucky football season and Mark Stoops' Wildcats have already hit their high-water mark, ending their long and winding road drought by beating Steve Spurrier and his Gamecocks in Columbia.

Not so fast, my friend. The streak-snappers have much more important work to do. In fact, it starts all over again Saturday. Florida visits Commonwealth Stadium. You thought that 22-game Kentucky road losing streak seemed like an eternity. UK hasn't beaten Florida in football since 1986. That's 28 straight losses.

"We have a huge game next week, but you know what, I'm completely jacked up to get this win to go back home," Stoops said Saturday night after his team's 26-22 win over South Carolina was the program's first road victory since 2010. "To get Florida at home. I know our fans are going crazy again and I want a full house."

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 09-14-2015 07:30 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I heard Matt Jones on the KSR Radio Show today say there were only 200 student tix still available for Saturday's game. That was at 11 am.

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-14-2015 09:48 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm sure it will be a sellout just like the opening game of the season. It was really loud for that game and I expect it to be louder if UK can pull off some scores and win the game. I am released at halftime from my job at the Pass Gate and have to head for Elizabethtown but I'll be listening to the game on radio all the way. Hope we can make it 3-0 and make me eat crow.
Posts: 14173 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-14-2015 09:59 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would bet those 200 tickets are already gone.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 09-15-2015 06:22 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, Jones said later last night that it was indeed a sellout crowd!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-15-2015 09:02 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That means the ticket window will see little to no action on Saturday. I would guess there will be a lot of folks coming thru the pass gate. We'll be doing a lot of bag checking.
Posts: 14173 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-15-2015 10:49 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama, Hope you get to see some of the game as it should be a good one.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com