TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Cats picked 6th in the SEC East

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cats picked 6th in the SEC East
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-04-2015 09:00 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
6. Kentucky (5-7)
Despite all of the noise over Mark Stoops‘ recruiting prowess, it still seems as if, at least in the here and now, the best UK can hope to aspire this season is a middle-of-the-road team in the East at best. Stoops has taken a program that won seven games total in the two years prior to his arrival to one that’s, well, won seven games in his two seasons. There’s no doubt, though, that Stoops has raised the talent level in Lexington. The question is, with a schedule that includes road games against South Carolina, Mississippi State and Georgia as well as a home date with West power Auburn and annual nemesis Florida (28 straight losses to Gators), can Stoops get the program back to its first bowl game since 2010? If he does, toss some Coach of the Year votes his way.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 09-05-2015 08:09 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think whomever is doing this prediction is giving Florida way too much credit.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-05-2015 08:39 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
boom, here is the all-time record against Florida:

Series history: Florida leads, 48-17. The Gators have won the last 28 meetings in a row and 34 of the previous 35.

[ 09-05-2015, 08:39 AM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 09-05-2015 09:38 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Steve Spurier built Florida. I believe he left Duke for UF. They were average, until he took them over.

This is not Florida of old. Kentucky will break the streak, this season. They should have beaten them, last season.

Vandy's coach will more than likely get fired, after this season. Florida already had one coach get fired in Muschamp. If the new guy doesn't turn it around, how much longer will he keep his job? I am willing to bet he better show results in two years or he is gone too.

As for Florida, if Charlie Strong were to get fired in a year or two at Texas, I believe they would fire the current coach and hire him. I am glad Strong went to Texas. I think he would have brought Florida back to the top, had he taken over there. Sometimes it is just a matter of timing.

[ 09-05-2015, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-05-2015 10:59 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Urban Meyer didn't do so bad at Florida either going 65-15 for a 81.3 winning percentage.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com