TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Linebacker position is a concern for the Cats

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Linebacker position is a concern for the Cats
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-04-2015 09:02 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Depth at any position is a must, especially playing in the SEC.

Kentucky enters the season opener against Louisiana-Lafayette needing contributions from its linebackers, and that means all of them.

Seniors Josh Forrest, Khalid Henderson, Jabari Johnson and Ryan Flannigan provide experience, but the Wildcats' depth drops off drastically with several freshmen playing behind the veterans.

There is even more of a sense of urgency because Flannigan won't play due to a shoulder injury, resulting in a reshuffling that has thrust redshirt freshmen such as Denzil Ware and Nico Firios into bigger roles.

Though the underclassmen have shown promise in fall camp, no one knows how they'll react in their first live game action. For that matter, the Wildcats are eager to see how the unit in general reacts following the departure of pass rusher Bud Dupree to the NFL and the absence of junior Jason Hatcher, who is suspended for the first two games for violating team rules.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 09-04-2015 01:42 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It is a good thing that the injured player is being held out until the USC game. No need to rush back for a game they are favored to win.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-04-2015 07:11 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't know what rules Hatcher broke but it must have been bad to be suspended for two games.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-04-2015 07:32 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I did find a old article that said Hatcher was suspended for a violation in 2013 when he was a freshman and was cited for marijuana possession last year.

Link

--------------------

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 09-05-2015 08:08 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by catmandoo:
I don't know what rules Hatcher broke but it must have been bad to be suspended for two games.

2 games is not off the team. I refuse to speculate on the infraction. I will be glad to see him back on the field for game 3.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com