TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Coach Dawson wants a receiver to step up and be the guy

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Coach Dawson wants a receiver to step up and be the guy
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-03-2015 09:10 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Usually a quarterback has a receiver that he has the most confidence in and looks for him more but that wasn't the case last year for what ever the reason.

Kentucky offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson says he doesn't know who might be UK's leading receiver or scorer this season.

"I’ll be honest with you, and this is the same thing I told the staff: To me, people need to prove their worth," said Dawson Wednesday. "We’re not sitting here with a guy that had a 100 catches last year, and so to me, we have a bunch of players that are role players.

"Until somebody proves to be that guy, you know, like Kevin White (did at West Virginia). When you have a hundred-and-something catches, yeah, you’re the man. Right?

"But you can look statistically, and we don’t have a guy coming off of last year that had a 100 catches. And so until somebody proves to us that they can be that kind of elite player, then we’re just gonna play football. We’re not gonna sit there and try to make sure this guy gets 10 or
15 touches a game because ... prove your worth.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com