TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Stoops high on Henderson and Firios

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stoops high on Henderson and Firios
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-01-2015 08:36 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If Ryan Flannigan cannot play Saturday, then veteran Khalid Henderson and redshirt freshman Nico Firios will play even more.

“Khalid has done some good things. He has played a lot of football for us. He’s gotten quite a few reps because we’ve been thin at that position," said coach Mark Stoops. "That’s helped him, and he’s really tried to make the most of that and get better.

"He needs to continue to improve, but I really like his attitude. He’s been a strong guy in the locker room, has worked hard, because he’s got some talented guys pushing him that we’ll see what happens.

"But with Nico I think he is a guy — what I’ve seen is a guy just like we recruited — in the middle of your defense that finds a way to get to the football. He has a very good instinct and a very good nose to get to the football. Now, at times he doesn’t know where he’s going or what he’s doing, but we got to continue to work with him and put him in a good position to be successful.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com