TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Kentucky week one depth chart

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kentucky week one depth chart
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-31-2015 02:37 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Click on the "link+ and you can see the whole break down by position.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 08-31-2015 03:31 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow. A couple of things stand out as serious concerns:

(1) The right side of the o-line is YOUNG, with two sophomores, a red-shirt freshman, and a true freshman. I can foresee a LOT of stunts and rushes targeting those guys.

Right tackle

64 -- George Asafo-Adjei (6-5, 325, Fr.)

74 -- Cole Mosier (6-6, 335, So.)

Right guard

69 -- Ramsey Meyers (6-4, 320, So.)

67 -- Jarrett LaRubbio (6-6, 297, RFr.)

(2) The d-line has some serious youth as well. Check out these three positions:

Defensive tackle

96 -- Regie Meant (6-4, 302, So.)

99 -- Adrian Middleton (6-3, 295, RFr.)

Defensive tackle

90 -- Melvin Lewis (6-4, 332, Sr.)

69 -- Matt Elam (6-7, 360, So.)

Defensive end/Linebacker

35 -- Denzil Ware (6-2, 255, RFr.)

20 -- Kengera Daniel (6-5, 260, Fr.)

Once Melvin Lewis sits down for a breather, that whole side of the line is young. It could make for a long night against teams with veteran offensive lines.

I know that most of our talent is young, and we have to play them, but the SEC will make mincemeat of those guys until they finally "get it".

I just hope the offense can put the ball into the end zone frequently... we will need some points to compensate for such a young defensive front.

[ 08-31-2015, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: Tiptree ]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 08-31-2015 03:35 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
wow, we look like we finally have SEC size, I just hope they can gel and mature quick.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9799 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-31-2015 03:39 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just hope they have enough speed to play their positions.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 09-01-2015 08:28 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It will be interesting to see just how good the TE position is this year.

I was wondering if King would get to do punt returns, but I guess they don't want to put a true freshman in that position. At least he will get to do kick off returns.

As for George AA, he was said to be one the strongest freshmen to ever set foot on campus. I would think that he is starting because he is just that good.

The position that surprises me the most is starting a true freshman at corner. The D backs are Stoops' specialty, so he knows what he is doing.

I like the fact that they are playing whichever player is the best at the position.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-01-2015 11:01 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Right away I see problems are still there on offense. We have no big running back. They are all pretty light weight. Maybe speed will make up for that, but I'm not so sure. We have only one tall wide receiver, but if you're fast you can make up for some of that. I am still worried about the scoring. Hope our QB is more accurate this year. We will have to upset a couple of SEC teams such as FL and SC to get to a bowl game this year.
Posts: 14173 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 09-01-2015 11:49 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The "power" RB declared for the draft and has since been cut. I wish the best for Braylon Heard, but I thought he should have stayed in college.

The other big RB that Kentucky has, Mikel Horton, was ineffective at the heavy weight and dropped 15 lbs. Every time he got the ball he got stopped before he got going. Maybe he can pack 20 lbs of muscle on and carry "good" weight.

JoJO Kemp may not be a heavy weight, but I do seem to remember that he could run between the tackles pretty effectively. He shredded USC.

I am not worried about RB. Even if they do get dinged up during the season, the others are more than capable of taking on the duties for a game or two.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-01-2015 08:17 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
JoJo Kemp weighs in at 200 lbs which is solid for a 5'10" running back.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com