TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Stoops hoping for a packed Commonwealth for opener

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stoops hoping for a packed Commonwealth for opener
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-28-2015 01:10 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It would be a shame if we don't fill the new renovated stadium but I don't think that will happen.

Kentucky coach Mark Stoops would like a "packed house" at renovated Commonwealth Stadium when the Wildcats open the season next week.

"We’re proud of the brand-new stadium. We’re proud of the work that these players have done. We’re getting in a position to be as competitive as we want to be. We’re getting to that point where we feel good about our team," Stoops said.

"It is hard, yeah, the first two years when you’re not very good and you’re sitting there begging people to come to the stadium, and they’re gonna sit there and say, ‘Well, coach, that’s not a very good-looking team.’ So it’s a fine balance there.

"I certainly know and appreciate the great support we’ve gotten, and people know the work that this coaching staff and the players are doing to put a product on the field that we’re all proud of. And I think we’re much closer to that, and I do ask them to show up and support us and pack that stadium, because we’re proud of the work we’ve done so far. We know we’ve got a ways to go, but it’s fun trying to get there.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-28-2015 01:13 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can't believe that football season is here as our first game is a week from tomorrow. Where did the summer go?

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 08-28-2015 01:24 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am looking forward to the start of football season.

As far as summer, it seemed like a bummer, because of all of the rain, at least for me.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-28-2015 08:35 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I liked what coach said and especially the part about the team and coach staff enjoying what they are doing. Go Cats!!!!

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com