TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » We have some talent at the tight end position

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: We have some talent at the tight end position
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-03-2015 03:07 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's good to hear that the coachs are high on our tight ends and we have some depth.

Question: What do you expect from tight ends C.J. Conrad, Darryl Long and Greg Hart, a Nebraska transfer hoping to be eligible, this season?

Kentucky recruiting coordinator/tight ends coach Vince Marrow: “I played the position at the highest level and know what a complete tight end looks like. C.J. is definitely everything I thought he was. I think some of our other guys did not know until they saw him in spring ball. Long is another guy in the 6-5 range who can play and if Hart can play, we have three really good tight ends.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 07-03-2015 05:50 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It is a long off season, between basketball and football. Baseball is like watching paint dry.

Some radio guy was blabbing about women's soccer the other day. Could care less.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-03-2015 09:23 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
boom, baseball always has been and always will be.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 07-03-2015 09:24 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hope this 'flavor' of the air raid is different, but most varieties rarely utilize the tight end in the primary offense except on the "flood".

I think these guys could run a post route straight up the middle and pull a linebacker with them. That would make the flat open for short strike, or if the LB doesn't cover, a nice long pass play to the TE.

I hope we use them!

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13623 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 07-04-2015 08:17 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think you have to have play makers at a positions to have confidence to give them the ball.

I can remember at least 5 wide open throws to TEs, last season, where the ball was dropped after it hit them in the hands. Huge plays that killed momentum.

Even though Conrad is a freshman, they are saying he will be a star.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-05-2015 09:11 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have heard where Conrad may be the best tight end we have had since Tamme and that is good to hear.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-05-2015 09:14 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This article says freshman TE Darryl Long may be very good also.

Each fall Kentucky fans dream that the offense will find the pass-catching tight end the team has lacked since Jacob Tamme's departure, but no Wildcat has been able to fill the role to date. An early enrollee, Conrad may be the best player at the position since Tamme's departure and he should combine with redshirt freshman tight end Daryl Long to provide a significant boost to the offense this fall. Conrad could start from game one as a Wildcat. Recovering from sports hernia surgery in time for fall camp could be critical for an early season impact.

Link

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com