TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Stoops says Dupree's first-round selection "important for our program"

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stoops says Dupree's first-round selection "important for our program"
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-07-2015 07:16 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Recruits like to hear if they play good football they have a shot of making it to the NFL.

During his recruiting pitch, Kentucky coach Mark Stoops says Bud Dupree’s recent first-round selection by the Pittsburgh Steelers is not the “first thing that comes out of your mouth.” However, he did say he comes up in conversations with recruits.

“It comes up with the success that we've had prior to us coming to Kentucky as well and the great string of defensive linemen that we had at Florida State. We are proud to continue that as we came to Kentucky with both Bud and Za'Darius (Smith) getting drafted,” said Stoops during a teleconference to talk about Dupree’s NFL future.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-16-2015 09:18 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can't wait to see how Dupree makes out in the NFL. I think he is going to be special.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 05-16-2015 01:12 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Did Lebeau retire after last season? I think his presence as the defensive coordinator would guarantee Dupree a successful career.
Posts: 10343 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-20-2015 09:48 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Paul, Lebeau is the associate head coach in charge of the defense for the Tennessee Titans. It will like you say be a big help for Dupree and his career with the Titans.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com