TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Stamps has high standards for himself

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stamps has high standards for himself
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-18-2015 10:10 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He is a tireless worker and it's only going to make him a much better player.

Kentucky brought in junior college safety A.J. Stamps last year to be a playmaker — and he was.

He started all 12 games at safety and led the team in interceptions with four and led the UK secondary in tackles with 56. His one-handed interception against Tennessee-Martin in his Kentucky debut made ESPN’s top 10 plays. His fourth-quarter interception helped seal a win over Vanderbilt. He had another interception and two pass breakups in the upset of South Carolina.

Stamps: “It is hard to be a leader period and hard to be a playmaker, but that is what I am trying to do and put into my game this year is to be a leader and be more vocal than I was last year. Try to take the guys down the right path and lead them.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-18-2015 12:43 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He will be a starter that will give us a lot of quality minutes just like he did last year.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 04-18-2015 03:45 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wish all the players hit as hard as he does.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9796 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-18-2015 03:50 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
rlt, if they all tackled liked he does we would be one heck of a lot better football team on the defensive side of the ball.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com