TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Eastern suspends players involved in fight with UK players

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eastern suspends players involved in fight with UK players
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-16-2015 04:26 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Our players got off real easy, maybe to easy.

The following statement was issued by Eastern Kentucky University Director of Athletics Steve Lochmueller shortly after 2 p.m. today (Thursday, April 16):

“The legal process has run its course and the Eastern Kentucky University Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities is following its prescribed procedure in dealing with the events involving our student-athletes on January 25, 2015. We hold all of our EKU students to very high standards and those who violate these codes of conduct are held accountable.

"Given the actions of these student-athletes, these players have been suspended from the EKU Football roster. Their future at the University will be determined pending the decision by personnel within our Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities. This type of behavior will not be tolerated.

From this point forward, this is an internal student judicial issue and the University plans to make no further comment. “

Link

[ 04-16-2015, 04:55 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186355 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 04-16-2015 08:23 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I disagree with the above poster.

1. The videos clearly show that the EKU students were the aggressors.

2. The videos went viral all across the nation. Had the sucker punch not gone viral, EKU would have done nothing. Nothing!

3. We do not know what kind of punishment the UK coaching staff gave the players. I don't know how anyone can say they got off easy? Also, if anyone thinks they need to be suspended, they need to wake up.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-18-2015 10:03 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
None of the players should have been in a bar and that alone is a team violation that should mean suspensions!

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186355 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 04-18-2015 12:12 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by catmandoo:
None of the players should have been in a bar and that alone is a team violation that should mean suspensions!

I don't have a rule book in front of me, I wasn't aware that the rules of suspension were spelled out in black and white like that for the football players. Shame on the UK football administration for not suspending players and kicking them off the team! Shame, shame, shame.

Too bad Joker isn't still in charge of the program. He might not have been able to bring in high ranked players while he was head coach or have very high morals for himself in his own personal life, but he sure knew how to suspend players and kick them off the team. I seem to have a fuzzy memory. How many games did he win in his last season and how many fans showed up for his last home game? Who cares about that? The man knew how to suspend players and kick them off the team. That is what is most important.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com