TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Chad Scott has "Boom" as the no.1 running back

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chad Scott has "Boom" as the no.1 running back
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-15-2015 12:30 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Chad Scott is our running back coach and it looks like "Boom" Williams is going to be our number one running back.

Kentucky running backs coach Chad Scott likes what Mikel Horton and JoJo Kemp can do, but he readily admits Boom Williams is No. 1 at the position today.

"He can do so many things and he can be even better. Last year he was in a position where he just made plays on raw talent. Rarely did he do a lot of things right, but he just made plays," Scott said.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 04-16-2015 08:23 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UK, this season appears to be thin at RB. Josh Clemmons transferred and Braylon Heard declared for the draft. Not sure if Clemons was able to come back from his injuries. I was hoping to see Heard have a bid year for the Cats.

I think 1st string a RB is just a title, because most teams in the SEC need to have 5 healthy RBs who can produce.

They have Boom Williams, Horton, and Kemp. Kemp was the man two years ago and seemed to have been the forgotten man, last season. I wonder if he was playing through injuries?

I believe they signed a freshman who is a big play guy, Sihiem King.

King's highlights

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-16-2015 11:53 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama's Backs stats: (64%) of the carries

Derrick Henry 172-990 5.8 yds per carry
Here are 3 of the better SEC teams and it shows basically that the 2 main backs do a good percentage of the work.

T.J. Yeldon 194-979 5.0 yds per carry

Georgia Backs stats: (61%) of the carries..

Nick Chubb 219-1594 7.1 yds per carry
Todd Gurley 123 932 7.4 yds per carry

Arkansas backs stats: (75%) of the carries..

Jonathan Williams 211-1190 5.6 yds per carry
Alex Collins 204-1100 5.4 yards per carry

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 04-16-2015 12:50 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Stats are nice to look at. But, injuries happen in a collision sport. That is why a team needs 5 backs that can produce. If they have an injury free season, that is great. But, more than likely, they get dinged up and miss games.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com