TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Dawson speaks highly of Barker

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dawson speaks highly of Barker
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-13-2015 07:28 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It sounds like all the coachs are happy the way the quarterback situation is progressing.

Just because redshirt freshman Drew Barker threw two interceptions in Saturday's scrimmage does not mean he's making an abundance of mistakes this spring.

"He’s not making that many mistakes," said offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson Monday. "I think they show up because he threw a couple picks (in the scrimmage), so I think people think, ‘Oh, he threw a couple picks.’ Well, when you break down those picks, there’s typically some reasons you throw picks.

"The overall mental mistakes are really limited; there aren’t a whole lot. Just like on the one pick, he had the back on the wrong side, so it pulled the mike linebacker. If he has the back on the other side, then the window he’s throwing through is really open. So he’s not expecting the mike linebacker to pull that way, but he should’ve put the back on the other side."

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com