TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Stoops likes the way Towles continues to get better

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stoops likes the way Towles continues to get better
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-12-2015 12:29 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's great watching our quarterbacks push each other and get better.

Kentucky coach Mark Stoops was not surprised to see Patrick Towles throwing the ball well down the field in Saturday's open scrimmage.

"He’s been doing that. We’ve been working on that: taking our shots. We’ve been hitting more and more. It was good to see him throw it," said Stoops. "I was standing directly behind him when he threw the one to Blake (Bone), and I thought Blake did a nice job of adjusting and running underneath that one and coming down with the catch.

"That’s what a quarterback needs: for the receivers to come down with some big plays for him. So, I thought that was well executed. Again, we’re getting better.”

However, Stoops would not say that Towles had separated himself from redshirt freshman Drew Barker in the quarterback battle.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 04-13-2015 03:30 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Stoops said they take turns with each having a better day than the other. It does appear that Stoops is hoping that the returning starter will win the job.

It is a safe bet that we all think that the job is Towles to lose. I am hoping that they both improve over the summer. I don't think the QBs should have a fear of producing on the field, but I do think they should be motivated by the fear of losing their position, if they don't continue to improve.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com