TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Denzil Ware talks about his redshirt year

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Denzil Ware talks about his redshirt year
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-08-2015 08:34 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Redshirt freshman defensive lineman Denzil Ware says his first spring practice at Kentucky is “going good” and he appreciates the opportunity that he has.

“It is just an opportunity for me to get better and really make my skills better and just to learn the game more,” said Ware, a four-star propect from Florida who picked UK over schools such as Alabama, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Georgia and Ohio State.

Question: Since you initially did not want to be redshirted, when did you realize redshirting might be good for you?

Ware: “It grew on me the first week when I lined up against (senior tackle Darrian Miller) and they ran power toward me and you know how the rest goes from there. So I felt like let’s get bigger, let’s get stronger and just learn my playbook even more.”

Question: How much pressure is there on the team to replace Dupree, a likely first-round draft pick?

Ware: “He has got some big shoes to fill. We don’t go out there like thinking, ‘We have to replace Bud.’ We try to get better and fill in his shoes. Bud was a playmaker. Not too many people come through a school and are like Bud. There is not a lot of pressure, but at the same time we have to keep getting better and keep grinding.”

Question: Since Dupree stayed in Lexington to train for the draft, has that given him a chance to mentor you?

Ware: “When he does his training, I see him and chances being first round that kind of motivates me because everybody’s dream is to go to the league (NFL). Every day he tells me just be coachable and do the right things and I will be in that spot. It’s pretty good for him to do that and just watch him do the things he does.”

Question: What did you learn from him last year?

Ware: “I learned to keep a smile on my face and I learned how to be a humble person. I came here with a lot of hype and I didn’t know what it was. When I got redshirted, he talked to me and told me it was going to be a good year for me and he was like just work hard and don’t waste a day. I learned a lot.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com