TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Friday Spring Football Notes

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Friday Spring Football Notes
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 03-28-2015 01:04 PM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
After a sloppy start to the week, the team got it together today. He was not happy at all Wednesday, but today’s practice was much more productive, especially the offensive efficiency. Stoops admits at times it’s tough to take off his defensive coordinator hat, but today he had to just sit back and applaud the offense, “If we don’t make plays down the field we ain’t going to win football games.”

– Part of the reason the offense looked better was the return of Blake Bone. After a minor injury sidelined him Wednesday, today he was back, and his presence was much needed, “he makes a difference.” His P.I.C. is on the rise too. Dorian Baker had offseason knee surgery, but told us on Twitter earlier this week that he’s back to running, and should begin routes in two weeks.

– Mike Edwards has great instincts. After redshirting last season and arriving to campus late, Edwards finally has five practices under his belt, giving Stoops a chance to see his intangibles in action. “We put guys in position but ultimately sometimes you gotta to have instincts, you gotta to make plays and I see a nice comfort zone with him,” Stoops said.

– Replacing Bud and Za’Darius won’t be easy. But neither was replacing Avery

Link

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 03-31-2015 09:02 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Saw the new offensive coordinator in the local tv news. Season hasn't even started and I already like him more than the last guy. Can't tell you why, but he just feels like more of a guy that will get the job done.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com