TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » The Backfield is Getting a LOT Bigger

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Backfield is Getting a LOT Bigger
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 03-25-2015 02:05 PM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Kentucky football team has more depth than Mark Stoops’ staff has ever seen, but there’s one position without much of anything: fullback. Coach Dawson has tight ends that can play the H-back position as a lead blocker out of the backfield, but other than that, the fullback spot on the depth chart is pretty barren.

So what do you do when you need a big body to block? Insert 333-pound defensive tackle Jacob Hyde into short-yardage situations.

“He moves really, really well. I mean, you can look at him. He’s a big boy,” Patrick Towles said today. It was their first day trying out the Clay County native in the backfield. I have not seen it yet, but I can confirm that Pat isn’t crazy after watching Hyde display agility last week I didn’t know he had.

Link

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 03-25-2015 07:26 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ELEEM GETTING HUGE WE SHOULD SAY IM LOVING IT, BEEN A LONG TIME IF EVER WE HAVE HAD THESE BIG BOYS TO COMPETE IN SEC. IM LOVING IT.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 03-26-2015 12:13 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've said for years that to compete in the SEC that we had to get bigger and meaner.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9794 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 03-26-2015 08:48 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I enjoyed watching the Chicago Bears, when they would put Refrigerator Perry in the backfield at the goal line. I was never a Bear's fan, but I jumped on that bandwagon that season.

Not only would I like to see a huge D lineman block on short yardage, I would like to see them give him the ball on occasion.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-26-2015 09:12 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have give up my post office job and am back on the UK game day worker job. Hope to be back as security in the recruit section again. But I am not sure I'm happy about the move they are supposed to be making. That section which was right in front of the cheerleaders at the 30 yard line is supposed to be moved around the bend into the end zone. That won't be quite as good a view. Hope to see if we can get more than the 4 wins this coming year that it looks like. We will have to pull off a couple upsets in the SEC to ever get to 6 wins. This could be a rough year for the coaching staff.
Posts: 14170 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-26-2015 08:27 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If the coachs have a rough year this year it won't be anything new. [Wink]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com