TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » New coach Andy Buh enjoying Kentucky

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New coach Andy Buh enjoying Kentucky
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-12-2015 08:18 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He is going to bring some excitement to the program.

Because he had coached in Wisconsin, new Kentucky linebackers coach Andy Buh says he knew a “little something” about winter weather.

Still, he wasn’t quite ready for the two major snows Kentucky has had since his arrival to join Mark Stoops’ coaching staff.

“Other than the weather, it's been a great couple weeks,” joked Buh after Wednesday’s practice.

However, he likes what he’s found at UK other than the snow.

“I really enjoy working for a defensive head coach and Mark's resume — it is what it is; he's one of the best in our business, and I jumped at the opportunity to be able to work with him,” Buh said. “I've had a taste of a lot of conferences. I've been in the Mountain West, the Pac-12, the Big Ten and now the SEC. So I'm really excited about this opportunity."

He calls the Southeastern Conference “one of the premier conferences” in college football.

“All of them in their own right are pretty strong, but this one has it all. This is big-boy football over here. The players are bigger, they're faster, they're stronger, and it's week in and week out,” Buh, who was defensive coordinator at California in 2013, said.

“I had a whole year off. When you have that type of time off, you study football. And one of the things I did throughout the whole last year was study the 3-4 defense, because I've been a four-down guy my entire career. So that gave me a chance to visit a lot of my friends and really study and dive into the nuts and bolts of the 3-4. That was another thing that attracted me to this job."

He’s convinced UK can win even in the SEC.

“I've been a part of a couple of big turnarounds and I'll say this: This has all the workings of that happening right now such as going from two wins to five wins is big. The stadium renovation and the facility renovation, that's huge. The type of recruiting coach Stoops and his staff has done prior to me being here, those are all positive signs that the trajectory of this team is going in the right direction,” he said. “We're pretty excited about that.”

He says he’s trying to emphasize to players to “do the little things right” daily.

[/b]

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com