TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Dawson says Towels and Barker need to be more relaxed and calm

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dawson says Towels and Barker need to be more relaxed and calm
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-10-2015 01:42 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would think both of them being there for a full year will get the hang of it and play more confident.

New Kentucky offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson said Monday he was "trying to get a read" on how to best help quarterbacks Patrick Towles and Drew Barker during spring practice.

"I’m just watching them. Both of them, in my opinion, need to be more relaxed, more calm. Everybody teaches different footwork and everything. I’m a huge proponent of being calm. I don’t need a lot of wasted movement," Dawson said.

"Because if your demeanor’s calm, your brain is typically calm and functioning at a normal rate of speed. When you start getting choppy and body mechanics start going fast, then your brain typically is functioning at the wrong amount of speed that I want it to function. So to me, I just gotta slow those guys down a little bit; slow their process down, slow everything down.

"Their mechanics are fine. They’ve been throwing the ball for a long time. So stuff like that, I won’t work with it a whole lot. There are some small things with both of them that I’ve addressed. So it's a process but then once things start flying, you typically revert back to what you’ve been doing for a while. So that’s a process.”

Link

[ 03-10-2015, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 03-10-2015 02:29 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Towles was gun shy the last half of the season. Hope whomever wins the job has some swagger on the field.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-10-2015 10:12 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If our line can give either one of them a little more time to pick out a receiver it will help their passing stats a lot.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 03-11-2015 01:02 AM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
IT WILL BE HARD TO BEAT OUT TOWLES WITH A YEAR UNDER HIS BELT, BUT I GOT A FEELING BARKER WILL BE THE STARTER, HES MORE ACCURATE, AND BETTER POCKET PASSER, TOWELS HAS THE STRONGEST ARM, BUT U GOT TO PUT THE BALL WHERE THE RECEIVER CAN CATCH IT. DAWSON MAY BE A BIG HELP TO TOWELS. WE WILL SEE.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com