TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Stoops knows Cats need JoJo back in the fold

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stoops knows Cats need JoJo back in the fold
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-09-2015 04:42 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If JoJo can stay healthy and a 100% all season he will have a great season and hopefully it will open it for our passing game.

JoJo Kemp went into last season thinking he could be UK's big-play running back. However, his playing time was limited but now coach Mark Stoops says that "we need him" on the field.

"I’ve always talked highly of him really all the time. I love his attitude and his demeanor. He’s been very good," Stoops said after Monday's practice. "He brings a toughness and an energy that you need and so he has worked his way back in the mix.”

Stoops said it wasn't easy to determine what had changed for Kemp.

"Those running backs take a beating. He’s certainly had some feet and ankle issues over the years. Sometimes he appears to be more effective than others, but that’s no different than a lot of kids," Stoops said.

"When you go through a tough season, it’s hard to be at your top and when you have other good players that maybe have a little more bounce in their step at the moment, that’s who we have to go with.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-09-2015 09:41 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We need as many skill players as we can get on the field!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-09-2015 09:46 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We have been trying to recruit those skill position players for years but the other SEC teams seem to always find better ones.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-09-2015 09:48 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's kind of like the tables are completely turned from basketball! The other programs have always tried to get the talent that we get in B-ball.

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 03-11-2015 12:57 AM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ATHLETES MAN , ATHLETES, U CAN ALWAYS FIND A PLACE FOR A ATHLETE. IN FOOTBALL.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-12-2015 12:45 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
JoJo is a big key to us getting a bowl bid if he can stay healthy and pile up some yards on the ground. It will hill help open up our passing game too as it needs all the help it can get.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-12-2015 12:48 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It we could help if we could find some more athletic quarterbacks that can run as our line don't give our QB's much time to pick out open receivers. The QB's we have now are not very elusive and quick on their feet.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com