TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » OK,So What's the Bad News?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OK,So What's the Bad News?
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-27-2015 06:05 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I heard on a sports talk radio show on my way home from work that UK Football was going to be receiving some bad news before the end of the day today.
I was just curious as to if anyone has heard anything. Not sure what it is supposed to be related to, other than it wasn't real positive on the KENTUCKY Front!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-27-2015 06:22 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
RUmor I'm reading on the rivals board is that Baker and Barker got into a fight with a EKU player. NOt sure if that is it or not!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-27-2015 06:27 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
SOunds like it was a bar fight in Richmond KY. An EKU player got hit over the head with a bottle. Still just getting bits an pieces of it, not sure there has been any kind of police report or not!

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-27-2015 06:43 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
According to EKU spokesman, no charges or complaints have been filed!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-27-2015 08:47 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What were they doing in a bar if the report is accurate?

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-27-2015 08:51 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Barker was involved in that pellet gun fiasco last season.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-27-2015 08:56 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If this turns out to be "true" I would bet it would be the end of their UK careers.

[ 01-27-2015, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-27-2015 09:55 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm going to hold out on discipline and what not until all of the details come out.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-27-2015 09:58 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If the question is being asked, "What are they doing in a bar?" That was the thing to do when I was a student at UK as well. Only we always went down there on Thursday night. It was like the beginning of the weekend. As long as you were 18 you could get in. Obviously they wouldn't serve you unless you were 21, but if you went with a 21 year old they could bring it back to the table with them!!

--------------------

Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 01-27-2015 10:18 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
THAT BARKER ACTED LIKE JESUS WHEN HE CAME HERE NOW HES WENT CRAZY, NOT A GOOD HEAD ON HIS SHOULDERS.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
ALA_KAT2
Player
Member # 1559

posted 01-27-2015 11:08 PM      Profile for ALA_KAT2   Email ALA_KAT2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hate it that Barker may have been involved in another non-football "incident". I really hope that somehow he's not guilty enough to be kicked off the team. We really need his skills at QB next year or the year after. Looks like he's not making good decisions off the field however.

--------------------
Adair CHS 1966/USAF/WKU/AT&T

GO BIG BLUE!

Posts: 4046 | From: Louisville, KY | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-27-2015 11:43 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's a shame and if it is true he has already had his chance and doubt he would get another.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-28-2015 06:47 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah probably not!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-28-2015 03:22 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If he is that bad to get in the trouble he has early in his career he isn't worth having.

--------------------

ALA_KAT2
Player
Member # 1559

posted 01-28-2015 10:04 PM      Profile for ALA_KAT2   Email ALA_KAT2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think he's a bad person, just making some immature decisions. Maybe a little bit too full of himself. Needs to come down to earth and realize his future depends on the decisions he makes along the way.

--------------------
Adair CHS 1966/USAF/WKU/AT&T

GO BIG BLUE!

Posts: 4046 | From: Louisville, KY | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 01-29-2015 02:10 AM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I DONT EXPECT NOTHING FROM UK FOOTBALL, SO IM NOT DISAPOINTED WHEN THEY LOSE THEIR LAST 6 GAMES, WE WILL NEVER BEAT MOST SEC TEAMS, BEEN THAT WAY FOREVER AINT GONNA GET NO BETTER, MORROW HELD KY UP FOR MORE MONEY JUST BUYING TIME TO GET OUT.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-29-2015 07:01 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just because they lose a lot of games their uniform is Blue and White which means they are Kentucky! I will pull for Kentucky win or lose even if it was a game of marbles. That's what Cat fans do.

--------------------

Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 01-30-2015 11:33 AM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
DIDNT SAY I WOULD NOT PULL FOR THEM, IVE BEEN DOING THAT MANY YEARS, WITH THE SAME RESULT.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 01-30-2015 12:30 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
SEC football and SEC basketball are almost exactly alike. The only difference is, in basketball, we are on top. In football, we are on the bottom. It is what it is.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-05-2015 01:30 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's been so long since we were even competitive. I think the longer it goes being on the bottom of the league the harder it is to climb out of it. Does anyone know or have any idea on would it would take to get to the top of the SEC? If any one knows that they could become a very famous person in the eyes of a lot of Cat fans.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-06-2015 01:57 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The good recruits don't even give the Cats a listen to. It's literally impossible to get enough really good recruits to turn this program around. Far to many other options out there for today's super star recruits. The best we can possibly hope for like many have pointed out is a 5-50 season and a minor bowl.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-06-2015 09:04 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When you can't get the best your face has to offer it makes it difficult to get the great players out of state!

--------------------

WildcatFanatic
Player
Member # 2932

posted 02-07-2015 12:01 AM      Profile for WildcatFanatic     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We need a "Coach Cal" for the football program!
Posts: 1531 | From: Lexington, Ky | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-07-2015 11:50 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WE have to spend the money to get there. We're slowly building the facilities to get us there!

--------------------

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 02-07-2015 11:56 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Rush to judgement without knowing the facts!!!!

Barker was attacked by people after the original incident. My understanding is he was sitting down when he was cold cocked by one person..

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 02-07-2015 12:38 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
BUT WHY EVEN GO TO RICHMOND KY WHERE U KNOW THIS KINDA THANG MIGHT HAPPEN, AT A BAR, U LEAVE UR OWN TERRITORY FOR A REASON. I THINK, THIS WAS TWITTER RELATED, AND DARES. JMO

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 02-07-2015 01:02 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
True GB why go where trb awaits! But my point is Barker is a good kid and did not instigate the events of this incident..

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-07-2015 02:23 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
From the police report is sounds as if he was the innocent bystander in all of this!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-13-2015 12:11 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think it's looking like we may be better off than first thought.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-13-2015 03:01 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just hope justice is served and if they are guilty they have to pay the price.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-14-2015 10:39 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm not one who supports looking for a fight, on the other hand, I'm a firm believer in defending yourself If you are attacked. Maybe the young man from Richmond bit off a little more than he could chew!

--------------------

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 02-16-2015 03:08 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I still think Barker is UK's best chance of having a star QB that can win games. He was also one of the key reasons the Kentucky had its best recruiting class the year he came in. He constantly kept in contact with the other recruits and kept them in the fold come singing day. There was no star recruit that was the glue with this last class. From what I have heard, there will be a larger than usual crop of D1 in state players this year. Maybe some of them will step up and keep everyone committed. They also have to go to a bowl game. I am hoping Barker produces this season and takes them to a bowl. The team needs a star QB. How long has it been since UK has had a QB and you just knew he was going to make big plays? It has been way too long.

[ 02-16-2015, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-17-2015 06:51 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Leadership on the football field begins with the signal caller!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-17-2015 12:40 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You can't have a player in that position that gets in trouble.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-17-2015 12:45 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Let's face it you can't have any of your players in trouble off the playing field. The good thing is our coachs will do the right thing and make sure our players act the way we want our school to be thought of. We don't want to be like Louisville with all their thugs. Players do not need to be in bars period!

--------------------

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 02-17-2015 01:20 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would rather have one that gets into a fight on occasion over one that stares down the primary receiver, misses easy throws, and can't spot the open guy.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-17-2015 06:44 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can see a fight in a game but not one in a bar.

--------------------

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 02-17-2015 06:47 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I will drink to more wins on the field. Where is the bartender?
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-05-2015 12:04 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
boom, you can never find one you want one.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com