TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » In state QB commits to Kentucky

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: In state QB commits to Kentucky
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-27-2015 11:38 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't at some point sign junior Keion Wakefield a receiver from Male too.

Louisville Male quarterback Davis Mattingly committed to Kentucky on Monday night as a preferred walk-on for the class of 2015.

Mattingly told the Herald-Leader that coaches from UK visited his high school earlier in the day Monday. He gave his commitment to offensive line coach John Schlarman, who has taken over the majority of the program’s in-state recruiting duties since the recent departure of offensive coordinator Neal Brown.

UK will host Mattingly for a campus visit this weekend.

The 6-foot-5, 210-pound prospect threw for 2,305 yards with 33 touchdowns and seven interceptions this past season, leading the Bulldogs to the No. 1 ranking in the state before a loss to Louisville Trinity in the 6A playoffs.

He is considered a pro-style quarterback, and UK does not have any other commitments at his position for the class of 2015. Returning starter Patrick Towles will be a junior this fall, Reese Phillips will be a sophomore, and Drew Barker will be a freshman after redshirting last season.

Mattingly’s favorite passing target at Male was junior wide receiver Keion Wakefield, who is one of the state’s top prospects for the class of 2016. Wakefield has a scholarship offer from Kentucky.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-27-2015 09:49 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I realize as a preferred walk on he wouldn't necessarily red shirt, but he could carry 5 years eligibility if he pans out!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-27-2015 11:49 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If we are the team we want them to be a walk on QB won't be the answer no matter how long he is at Kentucky.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-28-2015 06:50 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
THisis absolutely true. Maybe we can get some of those back QB's like OSU had this past season!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 01-28-2015 10:45 AM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OFFENSIVE LINEMAN MAKES A GREAT FOOTBALL TEAM WITHOUT THEM, DONT MATTER ABOUT HOW GOOD A RUNNING BACK IS, OHIO STATE HAD A GREAT O LINE

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-28-2015 03:16 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wakefield looks to be the best player and hope we can get him as we need good receivers.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com