TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Dawson high on Uk's chances in the SEC

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dawson high on Uk's chances in the SEC
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-18-2015 11:36 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good to hear him come in to the program with confidence.

Shannon Dawson has not doubts that Kentucky can win in the Southeastern Conference.

“I think I can be successful anywhere. Maybe I am naive to the point but I’ve taken over a couple of programs that didn’t win any games a year before and we were close to winning national championships at both those programs,” said Dawson, UK’s new offensive coordinator. “When I look at our kids, I see a bunch of kids look the part. I don’t know how they play on the field. But I am watching them in the team meeting room walking down and introducing themselves to me.

“My job is getting those guys to buy in. If you buy in wholeheartedly as a group then you can accomplish anything. Last time I checked everybody can put 11 players on the field. It’s not like we didn’t play anybody in our league over the last four years, we did. I think you can be successful anywhere if you do it the right way.”

Dawson, who started his coaching career working for former UK coach Hal Mumme, comes to UK from West Virginia to take over the offense Neal Brown and head coach Mark Stoops put together the last two years at UK before Brown left to become head coach at Troy.

“You lay out a practice plan and you stick with it. The problem that a lot of coaches make is you change too much,” Dawson said. “Our overall ways of practicing and laying it out has been consistent over the years and that is one thing that has been consistent on offense from the last 15 years is the way we practice and the way we install. I think you have to program kids a certain way and hold them accountable to it.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-21-2015 09:48 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
HE better have confidence otherwise his job would be on the line quickly.

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123989 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-22-2015 09:02 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
His resume sure looks good and hopefully he will be a big part of turning us around in the SEC.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-23-2015 04:51 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He also needs to find a big running back.....quick.
Posts: 14171 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-23-2015 11:29 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama, I think it's to late to get one now.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-24-2015 10:33 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's never too late. Remember, unlike basketball, football coaches attempt to steal recruits from other programs until signing day!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-24-2015 11:54 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We shall see MH.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-24-2015 03:09 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like our chances too!

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com