TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Braylon HeRd going pro

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Braylon HeRd going pro
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 01-14-2015 07:55 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Per news report he is going pro. Yes, he is very talented. But will he make it on a roster? I wonder who is giving him advice?
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 01-14-2015 09:06 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was thinking the same thing, Boom. He didn't do much vs SEC opponents. I think he was nursing a sore ankle, but NFL? I'm not so sure he's ready. Hope it works out for him.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-14-2015 09:54 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was wondering the same thing about where his advice is coming from! There are a lot of talented backs out there and some of them are wise enough to stay in school!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123983 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-14-2015 10:26 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is a CBS Sports article on it and they throw out the idea he is graduating this spring and may not feel staying at Kentucky will be that beneficial to help him get to the NFL.

In what comes as a surprising announcement, Kentucky running back Braylon Heard has decided to skip his senior season to enter the NFL Draft.

“I appreciate the hard work Braylon gave to the Kentucky program,” said Kentucky coach Mark Stoops. “He has been a model student-athlete and we wish him nothing but the best.”

The reason the decision is odd is because Heard was only the second-leading rusher for the Wildcats this season. He finished the year with 368 yards and four touchdowns on 73 carries.

On the flip side of the decision, Heard is scheduled to graduate this spring, so he just might not see any point in returning to Kentucky for another season or transferring elsewhere.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 01-14-2015 11:57 PM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wish him the best, but he won't make it in the
NFL. Didn't do much in the SEC. Big mistake
leaving early.

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-15-2015 06:14 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I just don't understand it. THere's a ton of talented running backs out there!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123983 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 01-15-2015 08:01 AM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
HE WONT EVEN BE DRAFTED HE WILL HAVE TO MAKE A TEAM. MAYBE JO JO WILL GET IT TOGETHER HIM AND BOOM, WILL GET IT DONE.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 01-15-2015 09:22 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Since he is graduating I can understand the decision. Since Stoops obviously likes to play a RB by committee, instead of going with one guy, why risk an injury in the limited number of carries he would be getting?

I understand his logic. Go now, while healthy and with a degree. Since it is a committee his numbers are going to look similar and he will be one year older. If UK were in the National Title discussion maybe he would stay, but I see they are at 500-1 odds in Vegas to win it next year. The highest odds tied with a few other schools out of the power conferences.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com