TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Who is going to be our QB?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who is going to be our QB?
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-09-2015 06:12 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Does any one think Barker can get the job away from Towles?

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 01-09-2015 06:22 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
CMD I REALLY THINK WITH A YEAR OF STARTING IN SEC, TOWLES WILL BE THE STARTER, AND SHOULD BE. NEW CORDINATOR WILL HELP TOWLES. OUR RECEIVERS JUST NEED TO STAY HEALTHY. BUT WE WILL SEE. BUT I SAY TOWLES.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 01-09-2015 07:35 PM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree bean, Barker is a great player, but with
Towles sec experience he will be hard to beat out.

I hope the new OC puts a stop to Towles patting
his feet when he is in the pocket. By doing that
he can't plant his feet to put his body into the
throw. I'm sure someone that knows football much
better than I taught him that.

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-09-2015 08:46 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When Barker graduated there was a lot of talk of him being the next Tim Couch but it sure hasn't turned out that way yet.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 01-09-2015 11:44 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by eleem:
I agree bean, Barker is a great player, but with
Towles sec experience he will be hard to beat out.

I hope the new OC puts a stop to Towles patting
his feet when he is in the pocket. By doing that
he can't plant his feet to put his body into the
throw. I'm sure someone that knows football much
better than I taught him that.

ELEEM THAT HAPPY FEET DROVE ME CRAZY, NOW FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND , THAT GUY HE WORKED OUT WITH IN CALIFORNIA I THINK, TAUGHT HIM THAT. HOPE HE QUITS THAT.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 01-09-2015 11:45 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
CMD BARKERS TIME WILL COME HES A GREAT QB. JUST HAS TO WAIT HIS TURN.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 01-10-2015 11:19 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am hoping that Barker wins the job, because I believe he is more accurate than Towles and I think he will be cooler under pressure if they give him the experience early and not wait and throw in game in the fourth quarter with ball on his own three yard line and down by 14. Towles has the strongest arm. Even with the strong arm, I don't like his touch on the long passes.

If Barker doesn't win the job, I would like to see him play a quarter a game, to keep him sharp if the starter fails to produce in future games.

I thought the QB production for the last half of the season was very sub par.

I will root for whomever wins the job.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-10-2015 12:29 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tim Couch didn't even start in his freshman year and played second fiddle to Billy Jack Haskins so Barker does have time and believe they even red shirted Barker last season. I hope he turns out to be the QB we all thought he would be but first he going to have to beat out Towles who threw for 14 TD's and completed 57% of his passes. It should be a competitive fight to see who starts and may the best man win.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com