TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Harris picks

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Harris picks
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 01-09-2015 01:35 PM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Alabama, wish him the best. GO CATS
Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 01-09-2015 01:46 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
YEA WE NEVER KNEW U DAMIEN.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-09-2015 05:46 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hate to lose him but he has to go where he thinks best. He may find out that Bama will over recruit him and he may end up as a back up. If he picked the Cats he would have played every game he was healthy.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186355 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 01-09-2015 05:56 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wonder if the Cats could have got him if they had won just one more game and gone to a bowl, getting some positive momentum at the end of the season, instead of all those losses. Would that have made a difference? I hate to see that much talent leave the state.

[ 01-09-2015, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-09-2015 08:26 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sean Alexander did the exact same thing!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123952 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
KyCat
Player
Member # 146

posted 01-09-2015 11:09 PM      Profile for KyCat   Email KyCat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by m hamilton:
Sean Alexander did the exact same thing!

Not exactly. As I recall Curry never really recruited Sean. Stoops was all in on Harris. Big difference.

--------------------
TheThack

Posts: 1745 | From: Nicholasville, Ky, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 01-10-2015 08:57 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I remember seeing a quote from Alexander later in his career. It may have even been after college. He stated he had an interest in Kentucky, but they never recruited him.

With HArris,the staff recruited him very hard, he attended every home game except one, and the basketball players hung out with him at the games as well. They pulled every rabbit out of their hat.

Some kids just won't stay home. If you look at basketball, Calipari can just about pull any kid from any state he chooses.

[ 01-10-2015, 09:01 AM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-11-2015 12:58 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You can't say we didn't do everything possible to recruit him and like boom said some kids just won't stay home. The lure of Bama and their program was just to much just like when we get our basketball recruits from other states.

--------------------

Posts: 186355 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-11-2015 05:21 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How many games did we give tickets to Harris to attend KY games? He sure ate it up being recruited by the home state. HE was at almost every home game this year!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-11-2015 06:08 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think he took the tickets knowing he wasn't going to Kentucky and it had to be hard decision for him. We can't blame him for doing what he thinks best. I will pull for him every game except when he plays against our Cat.

--------------------

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 01-11-2015 06:13 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm not as generous as you, cmd. Now that he is gone, I could not care less how he does at Bama.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-11-2015 07:39 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm, I guess the fact that he's a home grown you always hope the best for KY boys!

--------------------

Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 01-11-2015 07:43 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Old Norm:
I'm not as generous as you, cmd. Now that he is gone, I could not care less how he does at Bama.

IM WITH YOU NORM, HE RAPED US FOR EVERYTHING HE COULD GET, AND KNEW HE WAS NOT GOING TO KY, AND HIS MOM KNEW IT TO IMO.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-12-2015 11:44 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
With the talent Bama gets and has it will be interesting to see just how he does.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com