TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Harris " always willing to prove people wrong"

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Harris " always willing to prove people wrong"
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-08-2015 03:28 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hope we get him and he proves to every one just how good he really is.

Madison Southern running back Damien Harris has enjoyed proving that he is a special player. He made the USA Today All-American team and two of his three final schools — Alabama and Ohio State — were in the national championship playoff.

“I feel like one thing is that people have the mindset he plays in Kentucky, which does not have the greatest competition like Texas or Florida,” Harris said. “But I have tenacious mindset, and I am willing to prove people wrong at any cost. I train to where I know that I can compete at the highest level. I continue to train at a harder level than anybody around so that way when I do get a chance against kids from Florida, Texas and California, that I still perform at a high level.

“It’s just the mentality I have tried to develop dealing with criticism or praise that I get. I just like to work hard. There’s no other way to do this than work hard and stay tenacious.”

He’s also avoided having his play picked apart over the last four years despite being in the national spotlight for over two years.

“I just tried to make this the greatest four years that I possibly could. There has been a little adversity here and there but for the most part I would like to think I have kept a low profile and stayed out of the negative limelight,” Harris said. “Tried to keep myself in the positive but also keep myself extremely grounded and humble, because I know this opportunity could be taken at any moment. I try to stay under the radar on the negativity but not get too high on the positive attention that I get.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 01-08-2015 06:58 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hope they are wrong, but the rumor on the street is that he is going to Alabama.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2259 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-08-2015 09:13 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hearing a strong Crimson lean myself

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123987 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 01-08-2015 10:10 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I SAY HE GOES TO BAMA, THEY ARE SENDING ALOT OF MEDIA TO HIS HIGH SCHOOL TOMORROW. I THINK SABAN HAS STOLE HIM.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-09-2015 06:16 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just wish teh young man lots of luck whatever his decision is!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123987 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-13-2015 10:27 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, its over now and good luck to Harris. but hope we beat him and his team. That's not likely but it sure would be nice.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com