TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Michigan was tempting to Morrow

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Michigan was tempting to Morrow
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-07-2015 08:27 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It had to be a really tough decision for him.

Leaving Kentucky to work at Michigan was “tempting” to recruiting coordinator Vince Marrow before he decided to accept a contract extension and stay with the Wildcats rather than be part of coach Jim Harbaugh’s new staff at Michigan.

“It was just my relationship here with the administration and our staff and even the kids that I have coming in this year and the kids that I have recruited the last two years played a big part of that,” said Marrow, who also coaches tight ends at UK. “Really, like I tell parents, it was basically the community.

“The last three days I couldn’t really go anywhere without people saying things to me. We were in church and the guy doing the offering said something, that is how deep it got. Relationships played a big part to just be honest with you guys.”

Marrow said because of the friends and relationships he has built the last two years at UK, it would have been a “stressful situation” if he did leave.

“Now, coach (Mark) Stoops is a great leader and the (recruiting) class wasn’t going to fall apart, but I sure didn’t want to be a part of that (if it did happen). People were saying it was going to be devastation and all that, I don’t know that,” Marrow said Wednesday. “It did weigh on me. It is a situation that I wouldn’t wish on anyone.

“Probably Saturday and Sunday and I didn’t get sleep, but I knew in my heart where I made my decision to go. It was mainly appreciative of the people in the community here that reached out to me. I am on Twitter because I recruit on Twitter, but there were a lot of responses from people in the community that was hoping I would stay.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-09-2015 09:43 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Glad he saw fit to stay as he will help us especially on the recruiting trail.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com