TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Vince Marrow said the BBN made him want to stay

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vince Marrow said the BBN made him want to stay
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 01-07-2015 03:03 PM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Vince Marrow called in to Kentucky Sports Radio this morning to talk about his decision to turn down Michigan and stay at Kentucky. Marrow called the past week “stressful days,” but said he’s very happy with his decision to stay in Lexington. A big part of that? The fans.

“At the end of the day, it was mainly the people here, and I’m being honest. I didn’t realize how much the people really here didn’t want me to leave. At night, I was trying to sleep and my iPad would be going off because it had were 400-500 messages from fans telling me not to leave,” Marrow said. “That really meant a lot to me and it meant a lot to my family.”

There was one tweet in particular that Vince said really resonated with him. “There was this one guy, he tweeted me, I think my iPad went off at 1 a.m., and it was a picture with him and his three sons saying how excited they are about football and where Coach Stoops was taking this program. It’s little things like that that honestly, really did play a big part in this.”

Of course, Marrow said that his friendship with Mark Stoops was also a major factor, as was the chance to see the staff’s rebuilding efforts come into fruition. “I really want to see this thing–if I had left and start seeing the fruits of the labor and all the guys we recruited and all the things we did –I just really want to see it through,” Vince said. “This perception is changing about this football team. I know we finished 5-7, but I’m on the inside and I can see the growth and the change of our players from our strength staff. I can see a lot of things. Trust me, this thing is going in the right direction.”

For now, take heart that your opinions matter. “These fans, that really turned this thing,” Vince said. “That played a big part.”

Link

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-11-2015 06:26 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
One thing for sure there are no better fans than the BBN...

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-11-2015 07:45 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I guess this is one time that social media made a big difference!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123983 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-12-2015 12:01 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's good to know how close Stoops and Marrow are. If they work closely together it's going to pay off and we need all the help we can get building this program.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-12-2015 12:03 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It isn't going to happen over night but if we can improve year by year our future will look bright. Like they say, Rome was not built in a day.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-12-2015 09:38 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We had 2 and 1/2 times the victories this year we had last. NExt year lets win 4 conf games and Beat UL!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123983 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-13-2015 10:05 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's a team effort which includes the coachs and if we improve like we think we will next year will be a fun year. The only problem is that in the SEC all teams seem to get better too.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-13-2015 10:07 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think with Marrow back we are slowly going to get better recruits which is going to give us a good chance to be more competitive.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com