TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » UK recruit Eli Brown makes statement in Army Bowl

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UK recruit Eli Brown makes statement in Army Bowl
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-06-2015 04:33 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sounds like we got a good one in Brown.

Warren East linebacker Eli Brown got off to a slow start last week in San Antonio, where he represented the state of Kentucky alongside several other top recruits at the U.S. Army All-American Bowl.

Brown — one of UK’s top commitments in the class of 2015 — ended the weekend with a bang.

“I thought he played better in the game than he did during the week,” Rivals.com analyst Josh Helmholdt told the Herald-Leader. “He was pretty quiet during the week — didn’t make much of an impression in the practices. But he had one of the biggest hits of the entire game.”

The hit came as Oregon quarterback commitment Travis Waller rolled to his right and unleashed a long pass downfield. Just after Waller let go of the ball, Brown got him — “square in the chest,” as Helmholdt said — and laid him out.

“And he had a couple of other plays — I thought he really had some hard hits in the game,” Helmholdt added.

The hit on Waller was the only quarterback hurry credited to either team in the all-star game. Brown also pressured a quarterback later in the game, leading to a severely underthrown pass that was intercepted by one of his teammates.

Rivals.com ranks Brown as a four-star prospect — one of four UK commitments in this class with that designation — and the No. 26 outside linebacker for 2015. He’s also regarded as the No. 2 player in the state behind UK target Damien Harris.

Brown, who is likely to play weakside linebacker in Lexington, measures at about 6-2 and 190 pounds, so he’ll need to bulk up some before he can make a difference for the Cats.

Helmholdt said he’s athletic enough to make plays as a true freshman if UK really needed him in 2015, but Brown has already said that he plans to redshirt next season.

Unlike most highly touted recruits, Brown actually wants to sit out next fall and work on his game.

Helmholdt says that will be best for both UK and Brown in the long run.

“He’s filled out since I saw him last spring, but he’s still a pretty lean, narrow guy who needs the weight room and the training table for a good year,” he said. “Bulk up his body, get into SEC football shape. So, if needed, he’s an athletic kid who could come in and do some things. But I think for his long-term development, a redshirt year would be the best option.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-09-2015 09:48 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Brown is a player that can come in and contribute right away and will be a big part of this team until he graduates.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-11-2015 06:25 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can't wait to see how he does in practices, he could be special.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-11-2015 07:44 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We needs ome talented young men to start right away. I hate that they have to be starters right out of the box but we have to play the most talented players weather they are upper classmen or not!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 01-11-2015 07:48 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
HES NUMBER 1 IN MY BOOK . AND HARISS IS NUMBER 0.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-12-2015 11:56 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Harris is gone and nothing we can do about it but we do have other options and they are not that bad. If we get our passing game going and our quarterbacks start hitting their receivers our running game will follow.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-12-2015 11:57 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The next thing is our defense and they too need to get better.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-12-2015 11:59 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If our recruiting picks up and we get more talented players on both sides of the ball we are going to get competitive in the SEC in a short amount of time.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com