TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Shannon Dawson is the New Offensive Coordinator

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Shannon Dawson is the New Offensive Coordinator
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 12-17-2014 11:50 PM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We can now confirm that Shannon Dawson will be the new Offensive Coordinator at Kentucky. Dawson comes to us from West Virginia, where he was the leader of a high octane attack that was ranked 11th in the country. He however did not call plays there, which may be part of the reason that he has decided to make the move to Lexington (that and I would guess a raise). I spoke tonight to a source about Dawson’s offense and he told me that it would be “like Neal Brown’s only faster and with more shots downfield.” That is probably music to the ears of UK fans everywhere. Dawson has worked for a number of Air Raid coaches, including Hal Mumme and Dana Holgerson and certainly is known for a high octane offense.

I am told that the final choice came down to Dawson, Lincoln Riley and another candidate, with Dawson being picked because of the most compatible offensive philosophy with Mark Stoops. So there you go. More later and remember Stoops will join us on the air on KSR Radio tomorrow

Link

Click link to read about his coaching career,
good read.

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 12-18-2014 03:42 AM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
IF HE DIDNT CALL PLAYS AT WEST VIRGINIA THEN I DONT CONSIDER HIM A OFFENSIVE CORDINATOR. JMO AND IF HE CALLS PLAYS LIKE BROWN, THEN WE WILL NEVER GET DOWNFIELD. BUT WE WILL RUN EAST TO WEST ALOT, I WILL RESERVE ANY MORE THOUGHTS UNTILL I SEE HIM IN ACTION. GOT A FEELING WHEN IT GOT RIGHT DOWN TO IT. NOT MANY WANTED THE JOB. WE MUST PROVE WE CAN WIN IN THE SEC.JMO

[ 12-18-2014, 04:27 AM: Message edited by: Green-Bean ]

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com