TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Schlarman sold Jackson on Kentucky

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Schlarman sold Jackson on Kentucky
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-16-2014 12:07 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He had a lot of big name schools that wanted him so we definitely have a big time player in Jackson.

Drake Jackson says there was a lot to like about playing football at Alabama, Ohio State and Tennessee. However, those three schools did not have one thing that Kentucky did — offensive line coach John Schlarman.

The Woodford County junior offensive lineman said the biggest reason he gave his verbal commitment to UK Saturday night was due to Schlarman.

“He is a lot like me. We both grew up in Kentucky. He played center and I might play center. We are about the same size, or were when he played. He is a great guy and by far my favorite coach I met along the recruiting trail,” said Jackson. “I just never found another coach I related to like him. I have never seen him without a smile. He will get on you but from what I can tell from the guys who play for him, they really like him.

“Alabama and Ohio State are in the college football playoff. I believe Tennessee can compete a high level, too. They’re all really nice schools. There’s nothing you find about them that you don’t like. It’s more about what you do like about each school and I just really liked coach Schlarman.”

That’s why he said even when offensive coordinator Neal Brown left UK to become head coach at Troy, it would not impact him the same as if Schlarman had left.

“I love coach Brown, but I will be working with coach Schlarman every day. If he had left, it would have made a huge impact on my recruiting,” Jackson said.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com