TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » former Wildcat Jon Sumrall to Troy coaching staff

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: former Wildcat Jon Sumrall to Troy coaching staff
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-12-2014 11:25 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's good to see former Cats doing well after graduation and in the sport they like so well. Good luck to Troy and maybe someday he will be a coach for the Cats.

Troy football head coach Neal Brown announced Wednesday the hiring of Jon Sumrall as the program’s assistant head coach. Sumrall, who will also serve as a defensive assistant coach, joins the Troy staff after spending the last three seasons as the co-defensive coordinator at Tulane.

“Jon is an up-and-comer in the profession and I have followed his career closely,” Brown said. “I’ve known him since 2000 when he was recruited at Kentucky and then he was a graduate assistant at UK for my high school coach, Chuck Smith, who I have the highest respect for. Jon has been a coordinator at the FBS level and led a huge turnaround at Tulane. He is a perfect fit for our staff being an Alabama (Huntsville) native and is a relentless recruiter. I am excited that Jon is going to be part of what we are building at Troy.”

Sumrall’s defense was a crucial part of Tulane’s run to the New Orleans Bowl in 2013 as the Green Wave finished second in the nation with 35 forced turnovers. It was Tulane’s first bowl game since 2002 and just its third since 1988. Tulane finished fourth nationally with 16 fumble recoveries and sixth with 19 interceptions that year.

“This is an outstanding opportunity, and I am extremely excited to join Neal Brown’s staff at Troy University,” Sumrall , former Kentucky player and graduate assistant coach, said. “Troy has an rich football history, and I’m ready to get to work to bring championships back to Troy.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-14-2014 12:13 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Troy is going to have a lot of ties to the Kentucky program with their new coachs.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-14-2014 09:48 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We may very well play them next year too. We both have an opening on our schedules now!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123987 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-15-2014 11:30 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I doubt it but you never know.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-15-2014 06:04 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wish Jon all of the luck in the world!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123987 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-15-2014 07:01 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sumrall will do a good job at Troy.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com