TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Football playoffs four teams

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Football playoffs four teams
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-07-2014 05:39 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama, Oregon, Florida State were pretty much shoe in's and Ohio State was a bit of a surprise but a solid choice.

Alabama, Oregon, Florida State and Ohio State have been selected to play in the first College Football Playoff.

Alabama is the top seed and will play No. 4 Ohio State in one semifinal at the Sugar Bowl in New Orleans. Oregon is the second seed and will play third-seeded Florida State in the other semifinal at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California. Both games will be played New Year's Day.

ADVERTISEMENT

The winners will advance to the national championship game to be played Jan. 12 at the home of the Dallas Cowboys in Arlington, Texas.

A 12-member selection committee set the field, revealing its selections Sunday morning. Later in the day, it was expected to complete its full top 25 and make the matchups for the other four New Year's bowls that are part of the playoff rotation.

Committee chairman Jeff Long said the top three were clear and the final spot came down to a debate between the Buckeyes and Big 12 co-champs Baylor and TCU.

Among those three, Long said: "It was decisive for Ohio State."

The College Football Playoff is replacing the Bowl Championship Series this season. The BCS matched the top two teams in the country in a national championship game.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-07-2014 06:01 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I guess Ohio States loss to Va. Tech at home means nothing, right?

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123983 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 12-07-2014 06:37 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That was the first game of the season right after OSU's starting QB was injured and out for the season. They lost to VT with their backup QB playing his first game. They've destroyed opponents ever since that game. Then they lost their QB (the backup) prior to yesterday's Big 10 Championship game. They dismantled Wisconsin yesterday with their 3rd string QB.
Posts: 10342 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-07-2014 08:06 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ohio State is a very good football team. They have earned their spot in the play-offs.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 12-10-2014 08:44 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by catmandoo:
Ohio State is a very good football team. They have earned their spot in the play-offs.

I don't like rooting for Bama, but I hope they crush OSU.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-10-2014 11:04 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So do I Boom, Bama is in the SEC and even better the best team in the country.

--------------------

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 12-10-2014 06:12 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama is good but their very lucky, Arkansas should have beaten them their running back fumbles crossing the goal line they should have two losses, I for one will be pulling for OSU, go BUCKEYES

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9779 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-10-2014 09:33 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
rlt, the Buckeyes are awfully good and end up the National Champion. It will be a great game for sure.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-11-2014 06:12 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have to pull for the SEC as well. If our conference is going to be hyped then someone has to live up to that hype!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 12-11-2014 07:40 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OSU is getting tons of credit for their last victory. Will be interesting to see if they get smacked in the mouth in this next game.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-11-2014 10:44 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I really like this idea of pitting different conference teams against each other. It's a great format.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-11-2014 08:41 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
After what has already happened this year with Baylor and TCU, it makes you wonder if they don't already need to move the number out to 8!

--------------------

WildcatFanatic
Player
Member # 2932

posted 12-11-2014 10:32 PM      Profile for WildcatFanatic     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
SEC beats up on each other all year. Now it's time for Bama to represent and show how tough the SEC really is. Roll Tide! Did I really say that? [Big Grin]
Posts: 1531 | From: Lexington, Ky | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-11-2014 11:08 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree, Roll Tide Roll!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-14-2014 12:11 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Ohio State is not going to be easy as the Big Ten is a very good football conference from top to bottom.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com