TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Mark Stoops en route to North Carolina to talk to Lincoln Riley

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mark Stoops en route to North Carolina to talk to Lincoln Riley
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 12-05-2014 10:31 PM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good news for you Air Raid fans: sources tell KSR that Mark Stoops is on his way to North Carolina to talk to ECU offensive coordinator Lincoln Riley. We continue to hear that Riley is the frontrunner for the position, and Stoops will get a face-to-face meeting with him this weekend. Maybe they’ll even have some Bojangles together.

Hopefully he’s taking a plane, not a helicopter. That would take a while.

Link

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 12-06-2014 12:00 AM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
THIS IS THE GUY I WANT.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 12-06-2014 07:56 AM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I want Riley too. I think he is a young, exciting, and innovative OC that learned from some of the best in the up tempo offensive schemes. I think this guy could continue to build our recruiting of offensive skilled players. We need somebody like this so we can be confident the offense is okay and work on improving special teams play.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2259 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-06-2014 04:07 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Offer the boy enough money and you'll have less trouble convincing him to make the move!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 12-06-2014 04:56 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
what Hamilton said, he will be our oc. no need to worry.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-06-2014 11:12 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We need players and until we get them it will be the same old same old.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-06-2014 11:21 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't know, CMD. I think that play calling has a lot to do with success. I don't think we're as aggressive sometimes as we should be. Speed up the tempo and catch them off guard.

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-06-2014 11:33 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MH, Like they say you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-06-2014 11:35 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
True, but we have talent in some key positions we just have to call the plays to get the ball there. I don't think Boom Williams touched the ball near enough this past season!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-07-2014 12:55 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He was hurt some of the time but when he played he played well.

--------------------

Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 12-07-2014 09:59 AM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WHAT CMD SAID IS TRUE, BUT U HAVE TO HAVE A COACH TO PUT ALL THAT TALENT IN THE PLACE TO SUCCEED, AND KNOW WHAT TO CAAL, ON THE PLAYS.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-10-2014 11:10 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Until our Cats get talented players at "every" position we will struggle even if Bear Bryant came back from the dead and coached the Kentucky football program again.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-10-2014 11:13 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A handful of talented players will "not" turn this program around. Boom is good but he can't do it alone or even with a few other good players.

--------------------

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 12-10-2014 01:37 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is Stoops third recruiting class and each one has good enough athletics to be in the top 25 each year. He has done an amazing job being that we are Ky and never had recruiting success like this ever!!

The fruits of his labors will be seen next year and each year after that until we are a power at least in the SEC East!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-10-2014 01:57 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ed, like you say each year since he has been here we have had good recruiting classes. I think like you do we should see the fruits of those classes like we did to a degree this year and the future looks even better. I do think however each year you need a couple of very special players like a Damien Harris to really get to the elite status.

--------------------

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 12-10-2014 02:38 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was hoping to get away from the Air Raid type of offense. I would love to see UK go with an offense that focuses on stretch running plays and throwing the ball DOWN THE FIELD.

I hate all of the passes at the line of scrimmage when UK has QB's and WR's capable of throwing the ball over the top of the defense.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-11-2014 06:11 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Also picking up that center from Woodford County would do wonders for us as well. I think we too often forget how important a strong offensive line is to the success of our offense!

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-11-2014 08:38 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The bad thing about stretch running plays is the team speed most of our SEC opponents have on defense makes it difficult to round the corners some times!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-11-2014 11:16 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If we can get the offensive linemen to give our qb's enough time in the pocket to go long it would be most helpful. The way it is now playing the better SEC teams we don't have the luxury of having a lot of time to get receivers open.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-12-2014 10:36 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A few good receivers to catch these passes wouldn't hurt either.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com