TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Stoops convinced UK will continue to improve.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stoops convinced UK will continue to improve.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-03-2014 11:03 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He definitely has his work cut out for him but if any coach can make it happen it's Mark Stoops.

All Kentucky had to do was win one of its final six games to become bowl eligible, but coach Mark Stoops’ team could not do that.

Instead, last week’s 44-40 loss at Louisville ended a 5-7 season in Stoops’ second year and has the coach thinking about what lies ahead.

“As you look at the season I never hid from the fact that it was important to win one of these games down the stretch and we didn’t get that done,” said Stoops after the loss. “We’ll continue to work. We’ll reset ourselves and go back to work.”

Yet Stoops said he was “proud” of his team for what it did do.

“I know we’ve improved. If you look at the season in its entirety, I think it’s hard for a team to play 12 weeks at their best. We certainly didn’t do that but I think if you look at the maybe nine or so of the games, I felt our team competed and tried – played at a level that is acceptable,” he said. “We’re never going to accept losing but I think if we give it our very best, and play with an attitude, and continue to improve, then you can live with the results as long as you give it everything you have/

“We’re coaching as hard as we can, and players are doing everything they can — then you have to live with the results. I think I can live with the results on certain games because I know we left it on the field. There are things that I wish we can do over and have over today absolutely. They will hurt but they got to motivate us to execute under pressure as we move forward.”

Kentucky won just two games in both 2012 and 2013. This year the Wildcats averaged 29.2 points per game — or about nine points higher than last year. They also averaged 384.3 yards per contest, 40 more than in 2013.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-06-2014 09:22 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's all about recruiting and getting players in the program that are SEC caliber. Harris would be huge for the Cats, we get him and it may bring other talented players that would like to play along side of him.

--------------------

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-06-2014 09:29 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Now, for the returning players, it's all about getting in the weight room getting stronger! WOrk on quickness drills. Moving forward.

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123958 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-06-2014 11:10 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They have their work cut out for them to say the least. The SEC isn't going to get any easier next season.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-06-2014 11:19 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The work accomplished in the off season will show during the seasonl

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-06-2014 11:35 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MH, Honestly how many games do you think we will win next year? I say we don't win over 5 and maybe 4.

[ 12-07-2014, 12:24 AM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-06-2014 11:37 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I never give up hope for a 7 win season.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-07-2014 12:53 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MH, Hope your right but wouldn't bet your life savings on it. However if you want to bet 5 bucks on it let me know.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com