TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Petrino knows Cats are better

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Petrino knows Cats are better
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-26-2014 11:53 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Let's just hope we play up to our capability against the dirty-birds.

Louisville coach Bobby Petrino is not worried about his team coming off a win at Notre Dame looking past Kentucky Saturday.

“I think they understand there’s opportunity out there to go to a really good bowl game, but the first thing we have to do is focus hard, play well and win a game,” said Petrino.

The Louisville coach beat UK 35-26 last year when he was the head coach at Western in what was UK coach Mark Stoops’ debut with the Wildcats.

“They’re way different on their defensive scheme. They’ve changed completely. I think they did it last year prior to the Louisville game, where they went to a three-down front as opposed to a four-down front,” Petrino said. “There are a lot of guys who played in that game who are still playing for them now.

“I think they’re way different offensively. At that point, they were just learning and understanding what that offense was all about, and now they’ve got a quarterback (Patrick Towles) who knows how to make the throws, execute the offense and is a great competitor. When you watch them play, you’re impressed by how hard he competes.”

Towles did not play against Western last year, but has started every game for UK this season.

“He can really throw the football. He’s got a strong arm, he gets it out quick. You’re impressed when you see him throw it from the left hash to the sideline on the right,” Petrino said. “But I think the biggest thing that impresses me about the young man is how hard he competes. When they’re behind, he’s still playing hard, competing, brings them back to win the South Carolina game.

“So we know we’re going to face a good quarterback. So we’ve got to do a good job defensively understanding what they like to do by their sets, formations and personnel.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 11-26-2014 12:38 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
HES JUST SETTING US UP FOR A BEAT DOWN. IMO

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-26-2014 01:08 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Petrino can flat out coach. He may not stay out of trouble. But, he can flat out coach. Louisville was smart to rehire him.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 11-26-2014 03:04 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Boom,
I agree that he can coach, but I disagree with UL making a good decision hiring him.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-26-2014 03:10 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
One could say he fits right in. [Wink]

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 11-26-2014 04:08 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH BOOM, AND WE MISSED THE BOAT IMO.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 11-26-2014 04:09 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
PETRINO MAY BE IN LINE FOR THE FLORIDA JOB.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-26-2014 06:02 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wouldn't want him representing Kentucky in any way. He fits right in with Louisville as some things are more important than wins. imo

[ 11-26-2014, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 11-26-2014 06:23 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
U can book it if Fl offers he leaves UL in a heartbeat!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 11-26-2014 08:04 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't want to win that badly.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36272 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 11-26-2014 08:25 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Fl does (win at any cost) Norm and they are looking for an offensive coach not another defensive one!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 11-27-2014 07:07 AM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
AS THE GREAT COACH RUPP SAID, WINNING IS NOT EVERYTHING, ITS THE ONLY THANG, THAT IS WHY THEY KEEP SCORE. JMO

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 11-27-2014 11:22 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry, but we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. Petrino is a despicable human being, as is Billy Clyde Gillispie. I like to win as much as the next guy, but I wouldn't have that type of person around me for any reason.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36272 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-27-2014 12:02 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Old Norm:
Sorry, but we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. Petrino is a despicable human being, as is Billy Clyde Gillispie. I like to win as much as the next guy, but I wouldn't have that type of person around me for any reason.

UK's last football coach was far from squeeky clean. He managed to keep is shenanigans out of the press, but a lot of people knew what he was doing. You can have a hundred mistresses, who happen to be booster's daughters, if you are winning games. But, if you are not a winner, the moral character comes into play.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com