TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Stoops- There was no "magic wand" to fix UK football

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stoops- There was no "magic wand" to fix UK football
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-23-2014 09:02 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
With the attitude Stoops has he will turn this program around.

After a 2-10 season, was it more difficult for Kentucky coach Mark Stoops to keep himself patient in his plan or to convince others around UK that the plan was still the right plan?

“I think both is correct. I think it is a challenge to yourself sometimes, because nobody likes losing. I said it several times since I’ve been here; I’ll say it again: I knew what I was getting into. You don’t take a job like this and just think – you don’t just wave a magic wand and walk in here and turn it overnight. It doesn’t happen. You have to put the time in,” said Stoops.

“But it’s still difficult to go through, because everybody says that on the front end. Everybody says, ‘We know it’s going to take time. You’re going to have time and you need that time.’ I’m talk everybody: fans, boosters, the whole deal. And then here you are in Year 2 and that feels like a long time to people.

“But to build an SEC-quality football program, sometimes it takes more than that. And that’s not an excuse; it’s just the truth. People in this league have been doing things right for a long, long, long time, and we’re trying to do that here at Kentucky, and we will do that. We’ll continue to put our head down and work toward a program that we’re all proud of.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186355 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-28-2014 07:55 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He just needs better recruits and more of them and if he gets Harris it would help.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186355 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 11-28-2014 08:07 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
he wont be at ky long, ky football is what it is, ive been watching 50 yrs. nothing has or will change jmo. the ville game tmrw will be ugly, ky is a mess, we will get blasted 38 to 14 imo.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-28-2014 10:33 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Coach has stated before that Kentucky is a place he can win and not deal with the pressure that his brother has at Oklahoma. I don't see Coach getting another offer, until he has a breakout year. If he has a breakout year, next season, then teams will come after him. That is a good thing, if it happens. I think he stays and makes his mark ( pun intentional).

As for the OC, I am surprised he got offered the job at Troy. Not sure if he will take it.....I don't think he will. If he does, I hope they get somebody that is similar.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com