TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Louisville beats Notre Dame

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Louisville beats Notre Dame
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-23-2014 11:46 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I keep thinking Notre Dame is a good football team but they looked to be mediocre at best. Last night Louisville beat them and last week they got beat by Northwestern and have given up 30 or more points in their last 6 games.

It's going to be interesting to see just how good Louisville is next weekend but the way we have been playing we can't count on much. We started the season out so great but sure haven't continued playing that well but hopefully we can turn it around and play a great game against the Cards.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 11-23-2014 12:11 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I HATE TO SAY THIS BUT NOTRE DAME WOULD STEAM ROLL US. IF WE ARE GOING TO EVEN STAY IN GAME WITH VILLE IT WILL BE PASSING ACCURATE, AND I DONT SEE THAT, U CANT RUN AGAINST VILLE, GUYS GIVE IT UP TO VILLE AS BAD AS I HATE TO THEY ARE A PRETTY DANG GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-24-2014 08:35 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Notre Dame also lost to Northwestern at home. Northwestern is 5-6.

Louisville is not a juggernaut. If Kentucky comes to play, they can win. Kentucky needs the win more than the Cards do.

The early Vegas line is that UK is a 14 point dog.

With the string of recent beat downs, I expected it to be larger than that.

Can the Cats rejuvenate with a week off? Go Cats!

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 11-24-2014 08:39 AM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
BOOM U JUST SAID IT IF THEY COME TO PLAY?

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-24-2014 11:34 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's hard to believe a college football player who has played football most of his life and knowing what's on the line isn't going to play to the best of his abilities. That doesn't make sense.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-24-2014 03:00 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by catmandoo:
It's hard to believe a college football player who has played football most of his life and knowing what's on the line isn't going to play to the best of his abilities. That doesn't make sense.

It happens all the time in every sport. Some players and teams have off performances and games. How many times has a veteran O lineman known the snap count and moved before the snap ( for any team, not just UK). We see favored teams get upset, because they miss tackles and have interceptions or fumbles. A team can have veteran D lineman, but they will have games, where they let the offense control the corner and rip off huge yardage down the sidelines.

Was Kansas really as bad as the game they played against Kentucky this season, in basketball? No. They had an off night.

I don't think any player or team goes into a game thinking they are only going to go through the motions.

I would argue that Kentucky didn't show up for Tenn. football game.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-24-2014 03:56 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
boom, of course players have bad games, all players do but when it's due to not giving a 100% it makes it a lot worse.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com