TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Brown says "bowl practice would be great"

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Brown says "bowl practice would be great"
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-20-2014 05:03 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He is taking the cart before the horse but sure hope we do have the opportunity to play in a bowl game.

Kentucky offensive coordinator Neal Brown said it would be “huge” for his young offensive players to get in 15 extra practices associated with a bowl bid.

“Our young receivers, they’re getting better. Now sometimes the results don’t show it, but they are. They’re getting better. Like every day we go out — and the guys that are redshirting, too,” Brown said Wednesday. “Jeff Badet out there today made a really good play. So the 15 practices that you get in that bowl would be a really huge benefit for us. No. 1 — we talk about losing(tackle) Darrian (Miller) — it would get us a step ahead at filling that other tackle spot.

“Then we’ve got to get more consistent play inside and give those redshirt guys an opportunity to go in there and compete, show us what they can do in spring ball. The same thing at wideout. We’re going to have a lot of competition there in the spring, and I think it would be a great benefit to us if we could start that in December also.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-20-2014 06:11 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am not a motivational speaker or a highly paid D1 college coach. But, If I were trying to turn things around, I would compile plays from the first 6 games of the season and show them what they did right. Then I would tell them it was time to get back to that level of play.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-22-2014 11:49 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
boom, you make it sound so easy but in reality it just isn't that easy. imo

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-22-2014 01:17 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
THe talent level of the last 5 temas we've played is a "Little" better than the teams we played in the first 5 games!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-22-2014 02:12 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think UT should steam rolled the Cats. That game should have been more competitive.

No way that UL is way more talented than South Carolina or Florida. UL is playing a freshman QB. I will be very disappointed if UK doesn't at least take this last game down to the wire. I never want any player to get hurt, but I would like Notre Dame to beat them up a bit, so they are at least not as fresh as our guys. After this last stretch of games, I welcome any kind of advantage.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-22-2014 02:16 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We've got to take any kind of advantage we can get, Boom!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-22-2014 02:39 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Notre Dame will put a hurting on them that's for sure.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-22-2014 02:44 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Notre Dame's Defense has given up an awful lot of points over the last few games. That's what worries me most about this one. And their offense has turned the ball over several times as well!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-23-2014 11:57 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Boy was I wrong on this one but should have known the Notre Dame is just a ordinary football team who lost 4 of their last 5 games.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com