TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » I SAID LAST WEEK.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I SAID LAST WEEK.
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 11-16-2014 12:28 AM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
THAT THIS TEAM HAD QUIT, AND WATCHING THEM TACKLE TODAY THEY ARE JUST PLAYING OUT THE SEASON, IMO CHANGES NEED TO BE MADE, DEFENSIVE CORDINATOR, OFFENSIVE CORDINATOR, SPECIAL TEAMS COACHES, SOMETHING HAPPENED IN THE LOCKER ROOM, I THINK JO JO KEMP IS A CANCER, AND I GOT MY DOUBTS ABOUT STOOPS AS A HEAD COACH. JMO

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 11-16-2014 02:53 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think it is still a matter of talent and depth. I could see sending the special teams coach packing, but the O-coordinator and d-coordinator both showed that their squads can perform well, just not consistently so. Personally, I wouldn't even THINK about replacing Stoops. He has brought hope to a zombie-like program.

I think Brown is the real deal -- once he gets all the pieces and depth he needs. The Air Raid works at other schools, and at one time it worked at Kentucky.

Our defense was much improved this year, and I like the aggressive, attacking style we have. I see no need to change the defensive coordinator... just need to keep adding 4- and 5-star recruits.

Has this team given up? Maybe. I do think that there is some locker room cancer, but I am not sure if it is isolated to just Kemp. Let the coaches figure that out and send the bad ones packing, and bring in some good ones in their place. Five wins is waaay more than almost anybody expected from us this year, and two SEC victories was sweet indeed. Give Stoops time... this is his second year!

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-16-2014 06:07 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
TT, right on we still aren't there with the quality and depth of our players. We need to be 2 and 3 deep at every position and we aren't even close to that.

[ 11-16-2014, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 11-17-2014 09:41 AM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think it's a serious lack of SEC talent except for a few players on both sides of the ball. Two of the most important positions (O line on offense and linebackers on defense) are tremendously lacking SEC skill. I'm not for getting rid of anyone (Special teams coach perhaps) but we need to keep upgrading our talent and Stoops and his staff are doing that.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 11-21-2014 11:26 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would like to see a little more versatility out of the offense. They were almost too predictable. I completely understand the difference in talent between the Cats and the upper SEC schools, but they didn't have a chance running the kind of offense they were running.
Posts: 10346 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-21-2014 10:53 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can almost predict what they are going to do next. Kind of like, when we set up in eh Wildcat, what are we going to do?

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123989 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-22-2014 10:37 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think we better wait as if the rest helps get some of our players back on the field we just might play better than many are thinking.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-22-2014 01:10 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I sure hope so CMD. Louisville is suddenly building some confidence though!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123989 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-22-2014 02:44 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think the rest with a week off is really going to help.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com