TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Stoops wishes he had a magic formula

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stoops wishes he had a magic formula
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-12-2014 05:23 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hopefully they will be up for the challenge and put a "W" in the win column.

Kentucky coach Mark Stoops says his challenge is getting across to the whole team about the way he wants the Wildcats to play Saturday at Tennessee.

“The bottom line is you gotta get to the whole team. So if you’ve watched us, we come out and we play lights out on one side of the ball or the other. Two weeks ago, everybody was talking about how good the defense played and how poor the offense played, right? At Missouri, right? You know, and played a very good special-teams game against a very good special-teams unit at Missouri. And then we played bad offensively. Then we come back the next week and we play terrible defensively and play pretty efficient offensively and poor on special teams,” Stoops said.

“If we had the magic formula – if I could wave that magic wand and get to every (one of the) 100 guys, then we’d be winning. You know what I mean? It’s just – it’s a mystery. It’s frustrating because we’re inconsistent. To beat good football teams, you have to play good – or at least as good as you can – in all phases. We haven’t done that lately, and that’s what gets frustrating. I’m tired of going back and forth where the offense plays well and then the defense and vice versa and all that. We need to be a complete football team, and we haven’t done that. So you’re always reaching for that magic formula. So we’ll see.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-12-2014 10:33 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Saturday is a huge game and the players have got to step and give 100%. I would think getting a chance to play in a bowl game would be enough incentive to give a 110 percent.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-13-2014 06:42 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I sure wished this one was at home!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-13-2014 10:59 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's going to help having McClain and Smith back playing on defense.

--------------------

EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 11-13-2014 11:56 AM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hate to think about it, but this is setting up as one of those games where UT's QB will set all sorts of personal "bests" against us. Our defense needs to play their best game yet to give us a chance. Dobbs is a running threat QB and we struggle against those kind of QB's (except we did okay against Prescott). I sure hope we beat the Vols. It would be nice to get bowl eligible. Go Big Blue!

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-13-2014 08:47 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Don't say that, EC. Now you've got me thinking about all that stuff! Darn you!!! [Razz]

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-15-2014 03:05 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
All we can do is play hard and hope it's good enough.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com