TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Towels versatility could give UT problems

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Towels versatility could give UT problems
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-12-2014 01:53 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hope he has the game of his life and throws for a career high.

Tennessee coach Butch Jones was one of the names prominently mentioned in the coaching search two years ago when Kentucky fired Joker Phillips and then eventually hired Mark Stoops.

Jones, then the coach at Cincinnati, is now also in his second year rebuilding the Tennessee program and has been impressed with what he’s seen of UK going into Saturday’s game in Knoxville.

“You start with them offensively. Very, very explosive, up tempo. Everything starts with the quarterback, Patrick Towles,” said Jones. “Know all about him. Even though he is from Kentucky, he is from Highlands but that is right across the river in Cincinnati. So we were involved in the recruitment of him. He is a winner. He has won numerous state championships.

“So it is going to be a great challenge for us. The major difference we believe in their offense is their speed. They have really improved their overall speed, especially on the perimeter. They have some bigger-bodied guys up front. They are scoring a lot of points. They are going to playing with a lot of up tempo, fast-paced, so we have to be ready.

“I think they are one or two in country in fourth downs. They have gone for it 20 times. So again, not just playing third down, we have to have the mindset to play through four downs of football.”

Jones said Towles’ mobility can be a big problem for the UT defense.

“That’s what makes him (Towles) dynamic. That’s what makes him who he is, the ability to create plays with his legs,” Jones said. “That’s the element (quarterback) Josh (Dobbs) brings to us. You can be perfect. We like guys that make you right when you’re wrong and they can change the complexion of the game.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-12-2014 09:10 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hope he throws for 4 Td's and rushes for 2!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com