TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Leading receiver Timmons demoted to 2nd team

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Leading receiver Timmons demoted to 2nd team
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-12-2014 09:25 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I guess when you lose games you have to make some tough decisions with your players.

Through 10 games sophomore Ryan Timmons is Kentucky’s leading receiver with 41 catches for 508 yards and two scores. He has all more catches than anyone on the team and the former Franklin County standout has game-breaking speed.

However, he’s been dropped to No. 2 on the depth chart going into Saturday’s game at Tennessee. Joey Herrick, who had played in only five games and has just four catches, was moved ahead of Timmons this week.

Timmons had a pass go off his hands on the first play of the second half in last week’s loss to Georgia that led to an interception and short touchdown drive for the Bulldogs.

Coach Mark Stoops said it was a “performance related” decision that led to Timmons’ status.

“Ryan does some things extremely well and some things that were a work in progress, so we will continue to work and push him,” said Stoops.

Offensive coordinator Neal Brown has been frustrated by Timmons’ inconsistency — and drops. However, he’s not been overly critical in public about Timmons.

“Really what I want to see Ryan do — the plays will come; he’s a really good player; the plays will come — he’s gotta get better away from the ball. I always think the harder you play the more good things happen and he can play harder,” Brown said.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 11-12-2014 09:29 AM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yea and I heard coach stoops say last night that JO JO KEMP is demoted to 4th string. I don't look for him back next year.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 11-12-2014 10:16 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hope all this is coach's way of motivating key players. If not, then UK has thrown in the towel for this season and is building for next year.

The best thing that can happen is that both players get on the field and make amends for whatever got them demoted.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13592 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-12-2014 10:18 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
GB, I don't understand the Kemp thing at all unless he feels confident in getting Damien Harris.

--------------------

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-12-2014 10:25 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tt, it sounds like he is throwing Kemp under the bus and that is not like Stoops. I like Stoops but don't like how he is handling this situation.

--------------------

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-12-2014 12:35 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have heard reports that Kemp was not putting forth the effort in practice that the staff is expecting.

I heard a quote from Stoops that the other backs give them a better chance to win and that is why Kemp did not play the other day. I don't believe that, but I don't get paid millions to coach a D1 team in the SEC.

As for Timmons, not sure why he was demoted. Could be the same thing, who knows.

I think the team needs every play maker they have. But, the staff has to keep those players motivated and held accountable if they do not do what they are supposed to do. If not, they will lose the team, before they get the talent assembled.

A win is what they need. That will definitely cure what ails them.

[ 11-12-2014, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-12-2014 09:14 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you don't perform in practice then you can't be counted on to perform during a game!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123958 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 11-12-2014 09:41 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Me personally, I'm surprised it took Stoops this long to demote Timmons. How many balls has he dropped this year? I can think of at least 7 off of the top of my head. If he catches the wide open pass against Florida UK wins in regulation.

He had a lot of drops last year as well.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11532 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com