TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Cats vs. Dawgs in game chat... (Page 11)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Author Topic: Cats vs. Dawgs in game chat...
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 11-08-2014 11:34 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Stoops is redshirting 16 players who will have an impact next year. He is looking at the future of the program, not just this year. His problem is that they won 5 of the first 6 games and we thought win #6 would be automatic. We are still woefully lacking SEC talent on the defensive side of the ball and our offensive line is pathetic. Let's give Stoops time to get the players we need before we expect too much.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-09-2014 08:15 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I looked at this team, with the shortage of talent that Stoops inherited and the youth that he is forced to play with and predicted 5 to 6 wins at the most.

Then, they win five games and I am dreaming of unicorns and rainbows, expecting this team to have been magically transformed into an SEC juggernaut.

After the 5 wins, I was thinking maybe they could win 7 and who knows....maybe get lucky.

Stoops and staff are doing what they should be doing by red shirting the talent that needs to develop. The program doesn't need short sighted results, it needs long term sustainability.

I was hoping that they would make a bowl this year. It seems like a long shot. Everything I have heard, the last few years, was that next season is the year the staff has marked as their break out year. But, I am still hoping that good fortune will smile on the Cats, this season. Go Cats!

[ 11-09-2014, 08:16 AM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com